Time

The most frightening part of life is not the absence of time, but the realization of how much of it you really have.

This year being my final year of high school has truly had an effect on me that I did not expect. I finally realized what time is. I guess one could say I should have realized it long ago but it wasn’t until I dug up one of my old yearbooks while cleaning up my workspace did I realize what a life I have led.

To think that everything was coming to a close and that in the coming months I may not see the people I was closest to ever again. It really is a scary thought. It makes me wonder whether or not what I did in the past was right. I know it’s not a healthy thought to ponder on but sometimes it has to be done. The years I’ve spent building relationships and being the best person I could possibly be while at the same time being the person my parents wanted me to be has ultimately consumed 100% of my time, so do I regret it? Truthfully I don’t know.

There’s been a lot good that has resulted from the bad while at the same time there’s been a lot of bad… resulting from the good. The way it all works…It will always be a mystery, and admittedly I hate it. As time passes, more questions are being asked than questions being answered. Maybe I’ll figure it all out.

I have dedicated my entire blog to the subject of time.

So let’s begin, shall we? I think we’ve wasted enough of it.

2 thoughts on “Time”

1. Dear Arsal,
    Let me just say, I think it is AMAZING that you are choosing to dedicate your entire blog to the subject of time. Honestly, I can relate to the aspect that since we are in grade 12- it makes you question where has the time gone, and it makes you think if you’ve used it to the best of your ability. Time is such an interesting concept that we don’t think of as often, and is a topic we don’t discuss as much, and I commend you for dedicating your entire blog to this topic.

I am looking forward to the rest of your blog posts, and how you will be structuring your posts in accordance to the different writing pieces we will be doing this semester. 🙂

Sincerely,
    Daania

2. Dear Arsal,

I really love how you were able to translate the quote “the most frightening part of life is not the absence of time, but the realization of how much of it you really have” in a very gracious way.

I have suggestions for this, other than having more detail.