4 Paragraphs of Non-Fiction

Descriptive:

The ever flowing water peacefully makes its way back and forth across the river, shimmering and gleaming on the surface as it moves along. The faint scent of mist and rainwater beckon to me as I look around and eventually answer the call with my nostrils. The mild yet comforting breeze spirals around my entire body in a soothing rhythm that makes me feel at ease. As I listen I begin to feel vulnerable and more aware of my surroundings. The mellow breeze, the sound of water brushing up against the rocky shore, the sudden splash of small pebbles after being thrown across the river. I feel at peace with myself.

Persuasive:

There is an affluence of peace and weariness resonating from this area and I feel as if this were to be one big delusion. If one were to come here they would feel absolute. They would be emerged in the awe-inspiring freedom and relaxation this place has to offer. In contrast to the strings the world has attached to people, you are unbound here. There are no limits, only inspiration and beauty.

Expository:

The river and the rest of the scene were the same old until I saw two people kayaking side by side. Both were calm but the expressions on their face were obvious of them having a fun time. As they kept going they noticed a bunch of us staring at them. He crept a smile and then looked straight ahead. After going past the bridge one of them went a little off track and ended up spinning to the left side. It seemed she was stuck as the other person turned back and went to help. Once that was over they got back on track and started kayaking again together. After a while they were out of sight.

Narrative:

My mind was clustered with the many possibilities of what to write about. My thoughts were abruptly put on hold when I saw a few particular rocks. These rocks had pictures of faces drawn onto them with a black sharpie it seems. All of these rocks were together. Like a family. I called my friends over: “Hey Wild, Gavin, Murtaza, come here!”. As they came over and saw the artistically styled rocks we were fascinated. “Wow this is pretty awesome. I wonder if this is the kind of stuff we do in Creative Writing?” As soon as Wild said this I had the sudden inspiration to write about these rocks. The expressions on the rocks were mostly funny and I related this to my own family. We are most like family when we laugh together.
edworthy park river

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g154913-d592405-i41590364-Edworthy_Park_Douglas_Fir_Trail-Calgary_Alberta.html